Saturday, August 27, 2011

It's windy out there!

Yesterday we prepared for hurricane Irene.  While we are more inland, it's not uncommon for the winds to shut down power and I'd hate to be locked up with no supplies!  Wal-Mart and Sam's Club was a monster yesterday, of course.  With that said, it seems that we aren't going to get what we expected this far inland but our coast is taking a beating.  We are still waiting for it to reach us though so only time will tell.  My thoughts are with those folks who are experiencing flooding and damage, and for them to be safe through out it.

I only worked out twice this week, bummer!  Yesterday I did clean like a mad woman though and I know I burned calories jumping around like a crazy lady!  I did it on purpose, knowing I wasn't going to be working out yesterday.  I do plan on getting a work-out in this weekend anyway.  I had a 1500 calorie day yesterday too, enjoyed a lunch at a sushi restaurant and didn't have 100% restraint and let myself enjoy a bit.  Otherwise my food has been pretty dang spot on.

I purchased a yoga mat at Wal-Mart last night so I can try out the beginnger's yoga class at the Y, and I'm excited!  I need something to help me relax and stretching is something I can use for sure.

So I've had some successes this week and we'll see what the scale says on Monday.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on Monday and keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete