Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A good find, score!

This week at my Harris Teeter their Kashi meals are buy one, get one half off.  These meals are typically $4.36 or so.  So that brought it down to $2.18 and then I had a $0.75 off coupon which doubles so it brought it down to $0.68.  (Yes, I am a couponer).  Anyway, I've never had them before but know Kashi is well known for their healthy options.

Today I got the 'Mayan Harvest Bake' and it was a-mazing! 

The description "Plantains with roasted sweet potato, black beans and kale. Spicy ancho sauce with pumpkin seed garnish served over Kashi seven whole grain polenta, plus amaranth."  It was every bit of that and more.  What's shocking to me is it has so little sodium for a frozen meal, tons of fiber and more nutrients then I've ever seen in a frozen meal.  So exciting to find something new.  Too bad it's normally so dang expensive though!  In a pinch, I like to have a few on hand for lunches; it's a good alternative when I can't break away. 

It also means that my butt needs to get back to the store this evening to grab more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment