Thursday, April 28, 2011

Excitement for the summer!

I love coming up with alternative ways to kick calories when I am not feeling up to my normal fitness routine. Today I did my own kettlebell routine, not the videos.  I know enough moves by now that I can throw myself into it without guidance.  Riley and I also went on a stroller ride at a brisk pace.  She loves being involved with anything outdoors so it's a win-win.

I am on the look out for a jogging stroller!  I envision using this on trails at parks.  I also would love to see Riley and I headed to the grocery store after work, about a 2 mile walk.. to pick up something fun like grapes and tea from Starbucks only to head back home.  Plus a jogging stroller will allow Riley and I to run together, with her riding of course.. but you get the idea.

Looking into trails and/or hiking spots locally, so we can start out small and go for it.  Riley would be in love, and our puppy as well.  Matthew loves the outdoors also, so I'd love to start doing this as a family.

I'm really trying to not let all of this tornado business get me discouraged.  I love the outdoors, I think mother nature just needs to remind us every once in a while how strong she can be.  It's unfortunate that lives are lost in those situations and I pray for them all.  I am also thankful that it didn't come our way today and we are safe and live another day to enjoy!

This weekend it's CAMPING time!!!  Calories and exercise in those situations to me, are all about preparation.  I am preparing food in advance, packets of chicken and veggies, along with others that include potatoes, etc.  I am not going off my food habits for a camping trip - just going to enjoy it in different ways!  And maybe one s'more by the fire.  :)  I am also taking my kettlebell and the work-out so that I can do a work-out while I'm there.  My only dilemma right now is - what do I drink?!?!  Alcohol can get me really fast.  I suppose I should stick with wine which is the most calorie friendly option.  I also am saving some calories for a bloody (or two) in the morning.  (It's a ritual).  Making a couple of delicious breakfasts' with good snacks through out the day.  Looking forward to this!!

Until the next post!  Oh and I owe my blog a new picture update.  WAHOO!  We'll see how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment