So this coming Saturday is my first 5k! It's the Cary Road Race and I'm super excited. I wasn't before, but I'm anticipating the feeling I will get when I cross the finish line! :)
Now I have been doing my runs on a treadmill, which is different than the outdoors I know. Also in my runs I have not been able to maintain a pace that gets me to that 3.1 miles in my 30 minutes. SO I imagine I will need to take this race slow, walk at times and overall just make sure I finish it! I'm going to be running with my Dad, which is really cool. I guess I'm just setting myself up not to be disappointed in the time it takes me to finish. I am however going to push myself to not walk.
I'm not going to change the way I eat or the exercise I do this week, only adjustment is not doing anything on Friday for the day prior to the race. I plan on eating some oatmeal or maybe toast with some peanut butter and a banana before hand. I also want to run over to TJ Maxx tomorrow to get a different top. I usually run in t-shirts indoors where the A/C is on 65 degrees! Since the weather is much warmer this week, I feel like I will need to test out my running shorts I've had for a while and a new top. I would hate to use new clothes the day of.. need to see how it makes me feel first.
Anyway.. the countdown begins! Looking forward to this week and my weigh-in on Thursday. Wishes for a great week for all you out there!
No comments:
Post a Comment