Thursday, March 24, 2011

Can I even call that weight loss?

Okay folks.. so today is Thursday, I weighed myself.  I lost a measily 5 ounces.  Does that even count for anything?  I am in the middle of my period, so I know I am weighing in heavy, but still!  No really.. I'm not upset.  I am hopeful for a good loss next Thursday.

I have been eating super healthy with no cheating.  I have been exercisng every day.  I have been drinking a lot of water.  So I should be on track next week to whoop this fat's ass.  (haha)

I have recently started a medication that sometimes causes weight gain, but I feel like if I fight back as hard as I have - I won't gain any weight.  I also am now on birth control which also causes weight gain.  SO this may be why I'm seeing a smaller amount of weight loss each week.  BUT at least I'm not seeing weight gain!  After all.. even when I get to my goal weight; I am going to continue to eat healthy and exercise daily.  It's not just a weight loss tool but a life style change.  Losing weight along the way is a super plus.  :)

If I lose 5 pounds a month, I will be at my goal weight by the end of October.  I secretly hope I can pull more like 8 to 10 pounds a month and get there much sooner but it is what it is.  I like thinking about this.  :)

My run yesterday went well; I slacked on my running for a bit and focused more on other activities.  Yesterday I ran 17 minutes straight.  I'm mad because I know I could have gotten further but I talked myself out of it.  Tomorrow I am going to hit 25 minutes for sure.  Then I'm going for the 30 minutes!  My 5k is coming up on April 9th, yikes.  2 more weeks!

Well I better get back to work.  Starting to think about food and need to decide what's for lunch!  Later tators.

No comments:

Post a Comment