Saturday, March 5, 2011

I ran 20 minutes straight!!!

Dude.. I totally kicked W5D3's ASS!  :)  I ran 20 minutes straight!!!!  And it felt right, it felt good.  So ready for week 6 and ending next week with a 25 minute run, wowza!

Matthew told me yesterday how proud he is of me.  He doesn't make comments frequently, so it meant a lot.  While I'm doing this for myself, I'm also excited for him.  And Riley!  It's rubbing off on both of them and makes me so damn proud.

My Momma (thank you) took Riley yesterday and we had to pick her up by 9p.. so Matthew and I took advantage and went out to Tyler's Taproom.  I will say this quickly because I want to leave it behind.. when you have that urge to go outside of your healthy food choices, don't.  That feeling you get afterward and the guilt you experience.. and not to mention that yuckiness and slugness your body experiences afterward.. it's not worth it.  Just don't.  Now, in my defense.. (because that's my other angel speaking on my left shoulder).. I did have collard greens, coleslaw and pork, which I'm sure had a TON of calories.  (I won't add that I had at LEAST 5 chips with high fat cheese and goodness on it from my hubby's plate!).  I also had one glass of wine.   Next time, I will ask for the salad sans cheese with a fat free dressing, that also looked great and would have had me feeling better at the end of it.  SO.. there it is, ending it there and moving on.

Today is going to be a GREAT day.  It started off with an omelet with spinach, onion, a turkey bacon and cheese, fat-free of course.  But folks.. this is why it's imperative for you to write down everything you eat.  I use 'My Fitness Pal' on my iPhone.. which I highly recommend.  When I was making my eggs (I used one whole egg and one egg white only) I added 1 tbsp of heavy cream.  Why did I have it in my head that this was a good option?  I used it in one of my Hungry Girl recipes for a dessert I made, and I just assumed it was low in calories.  Dumb I know.. it's HEAVY CREAM for crying out loud.  Well.. when I went to add that 1 tbsp of heavy cream, I was taken aback.  But it is what it is, and I know better for next time.  ALSO I added my 8 ounces (which I measure out on my $7 scale which works wonders.. Amazon) and knew it would be around 70 calories but the shot of vodka was 64 calories!!  I also had it in my head that vodka would have zero calories.  Anyways, just food for thought!!

Riley and I have big plans today..well not huge, but exciting.  We are planting her flowers today.  Dollar Tree had some great items like pinwheels and little things to put in the flower box.  I got her a little watering worm for it too.  Excited for her to see the process.

AND we are working on our garden plot at our community.  We need to make little things to put in the garden and need a great name for it.  Being outside in the fresh air.. making yummy foods that are healthy to eat excites me.  It's inspiring and motivating! 

Love to all, love to the weekend and until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment