Those 5 minutes of sit-ups? Made my stomach muscles feel like jello today. So I decided not to do kettlebells since that works your core and may end up making me feel worse.
Today has been a GOOD day with lovely weather. Spring is here and we are going to take full advantage of it! Riley and I geared her up in the stroller and we went for a nice walk. We took time out to look at the cherry blossom trees and talked about the big buzzing bees. We stopped to listen to the birds, which Riley felt were sad at times and happy at others. We checked on our garden on the way back which looks amazing.
I didn't choose to walk because it sounded nice. I walked so that I'd get some cardio in. Once we started our walk, I forgot that it was something that I was doing for health, and it was actually just for joy. Both Riley and I had a great time talking and watching. We thanked each other for the walk and it was a brighter start to our day. I have a feeling Spring and Summer will be great. :)
One area I REALLY need to work is my thighs. I hate them. I can put on a bikini or bathing suit and not be shy about my stomach (although I could live without the stretch marks) but it's my BIG thighs that I can't stand. I will invest in a cute skirt to wear in the time being but I need to find some good exercises for my thighs.
We had a birthday party for one of my neighbor's to go to, so we ended up at Wal-Mart before hand to get a gift. All three of us were hungry so we opted for McDonalds (yuck).. I hate even admitting that I sometimes let Riley have McDonalds. I REALLLLLY wanted a grilled chicken sandwich which isn't horrible, but I ended up with a chicken salad which was just as good. It's all about choosing the right options! And I did, thank goodness. :)
This week is about my fitness. Running at intervals seems to be my thing. I love Jillian's 30 minute last chance work-out. I also like my kettlebells. SO I am going to get in at least 40 minutes of exercise every day this week. I got this! I will stay in line with my food and try some new recipes to keep me motivated. It starts tonight with preparation. And DAMNIT.. I need to be drinking all of my water every single day. I'm horrible with it on the weekends. Gotta do it!
Good luck everybody. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment