Tuesday, March 29, 2011

... so I was happy

So I got on the scale this morning.. after I ate a yogurt/granola and did a quick 20 minute kettlebell exercise.  The scale told me I weigh 178 pounds!!!!  That's even less than my Monday weigh-in.  My body is so crazy but I'm loving it.  Maybe my exercise and doing different things each day really will pay off?  AND I know I'm coming off of being that time of the month so things will have dropped more than normal anyway.  Still can't say I don't love it!  :)  Looking forward to my official weigh-in on Thursday.

My kettlebell work-out this morning was awesome.  Will do my JM work-out when I get home.  I'm not sure what to have for dinner, I really need to prepare that stuff in advance so I'm not standing in front of the refrigerator wondering; and I will already know what to look forward to and how to prepare in advance.

Last night I had a chicken quesadilla:
  • Multi-grain tortilla at 150 calories (I normally use a 100 calorie tortilla but Matthew so kindly went to the store for me and got this brand which is fine, but I could have cut out 50 calories).
  • 1/2 cup black beans 110 calories (About 1/4 of that went on my quesadilla)
  • 1/2 cup sweet corn 52 calories (Mixed with my other 1/4 c of black beans - yum!)
  • 4 ounces of chicken breast on my quesadilla 120 calories (Which is a LOT of chicken for half a quesadilla so I got to snack on some of it while I was cooking)
  • I added 1 tbsp of scallions for 2 calories but so much flavor
  • I dipped my quesadilla in 2 tbsp of fat free sour cream for 15 calories and 2 tbsp of salsa for 10 calories (I really probably only used 1 tbsp of my salsa and did not need that much sour cream but it was a nice topper!)
  • Total?  504 calories! 
Honestly, it was a LOT of food.  Probably too much.  But it was delicious and I will have it again for sure.  I like to have a higher breakfast than I do dinner, but last night I just kept piling it on.  I still stayed well under my calorie intake for the day so I was happy.

Speaking of, I'm going to go have a snack!  I'm getting grumbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment