Monday, June 27, 2011

Another SFS update! We made it to Monday folks..

Not having my hubby and daughter here since Tuesday has proven to be a different kind of week than I initially anticipated.  Thinking I'd devote more time to myself, I kind of ate my feelings and was sad without them here.  I haven't exercised, at all.  I've been struggling sleep at night and I just feel too damn tired in the morning and made too many excuses for the evening.  I haven't had one of these slumps for a while, but it feels good admitting it in my writing.

Last week I gained some weight and ended up 170.7 on Monday.  This morning I weighed 168 pounds for a 2.7 pound weight loss!  I got lucky.  I had two days of extreme calories, and then got it back in check, thank goodness.  No exercise though, I wonder what could have happened WITH exercise and no extreme calorie days.  OR maybe that is what I needed to make my body relax a bit and do what I want it to do!!  Either way, I'm taking 2.7 pounds!  So that is a total of 8 pounds since the beginning of this challenge, and I have 23 pounds to go.
I went back to read my blog and wanted to see why I fell off the wagon with exercise - and my being sick and lacking exercise a couple of weeks ago must have started a trend.  It's okay though, I'm over it.  I was reading a fellow blogger's post and found the inspiration I need.  Sometimes the hardest part about doing it is putting your shoes on and stepping out the door.  I'm going to make that the easy part this week.

So!  Re-focusing this week, looking forward to Riley and Matthew coming home on Wednesday.  This evening, I'm going to be spending time with a neighbor after I lay out at the pool for a bit of course.  Tuesday it's just me and me, to enjoy the one last night by myself.  I'm promising a trip to Joann's to myself to start on Riley's pillow case dress.  I get to go to the airport on Wednesday after work, yay!  Then my Mom is coming to visit us Thursday evening so I will be looking for some tasty recipes.  THEN I have Friday through Monday off!!!!  Loving my family time. 

My goals this week:
  • Track my food, as always.  Stay under 1400 calories per day, and try to maintain closer to 1200.
  • Attend two group exercise classes at the Y.  (This is what I've been REALLY bad at).  I really should try the water ones, I have really enjoyed being in the pool!
  • Work out 3 other times in addition to the Y classes, with whatever I want to do at the time.  This can be the elliptical, swimming, treadmill, another class, or a nice long walk.  I'd like to accomplish this in the morning but if it doesn't happen in the morning, I need to do it right after work.
I want to be super focused on my activity this week, and food just follows suit and isn't difficult at that point.  I'm almost done with my TOM so I'm getting some of my motivation back!  My periods can be extremely painful and tough, and it's hard with food then also so I'm glad to move on from it.  This week I want to lose 4 pounds.  I know that is a huge number, but I also know that if I work-out and eat the right food it will happen.  I want that for me, and for my motivation leading into the future weeks.  This week was a bad example of my dedication, and I am putting it behind me so I can really focus.  If I reach 164, I will owe another scary bikini photo!!  It gets better each time.

I hope everybody else is doing great, can't wait to see what this week provided!  Hope to hear some inspiring posts.  I've read several already and am very excited to have found my motivation again.

7 comments:

  1. 2.7 is a great loss, keep it up! Just wait until your bikini photos cause you no fear whatsoever - you've come a long way in the progress pics. You are awesome and you my dear, are motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you. Good for you. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the loss!!

    Good luck with this coming week and all your goals. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice on the loss!! yup, I'm refocusing too and trying to stay on task much better! You're doing great, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, great loss for you!! Wahoo! Now put on those shoes and step out the door. Atta girl! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete