Monday, June 20, 2011

SFS Monday Update!

I am pre-writing this blog on Sunday evening, for my weigh-in tomorrow morning.

I am still recovering from a very sore throat that moved to my chest.  I worked out ONCE, yes.. once, and that was on the treadmill so it wasn't much.  I did well with my food all week but could have done better today and yesterday.  Today more than yesterday; I logged and I stayed under but it was all items that have made me feel extremely bloated!  Today was my brother's congratulatory party for getting into NC State.  I had things like fried chicken tenders.. even if it was a small one, it still contributes to my feeling nasty.  I also had three small corona's.. they are called coronitas?  A few bites of homemade curly fries.  A few chips with a couple tablespoons of french onion dip.  A bite of a cupcake, literally.  Among other things, I stayed at around 1400 calories today, but it was all nasty stuff.  At about 7:00, I realized I had not had any water, like at all!  Only beer and Diet Coke.  This for sure contributed to me feeling gross.  I am thinking that considering all of the above, I will have a false reading on the scale in the morning.  But it is what it is! 

My honey and our daughter are going to California on Tuesday morning and not coming back until the following Wednesday.  I've never been away from my little pumpkin!  To tell you the truth, it's really freaking me out!  They have a ton of things planned and I know she will have a great time, while I'm back in North Carolina having panic attacks from being away from her, ha!  Actually I'm making a list of things that I can be excited about - like sewing some items I've been wanting to.  I also just purchased a Kindle on Friday and I get it tomorrow so I can READ in peace!!!!  Anyway.. where I'm going with this, it's SO much easier to eat healthy and get in some long nice work-outs when the hubby and the kiddo aren't around.  I feel guilty if I work-out after work and feel rushed because I want to be with them.  SO my focus this week (aside from relaxing on my patio, kindle in hand) is to get some reallllly good work-outs in.  Excited also to only be responsible for cooking for myself; no other temptations.  I feel my period coming on (sorry if TMI) and that kind of makes me sad because I never get good readings during that week.  I'm still going to work hard regardless, it will read the following week if that's the case.

So I'm curious how I'll weigh-in tomorrow!  I've already read several blogs and it looks like everybody is doing great.  :) 

And it is now Monday morning... WHAT?!

170.7 pounds, which is a 1.2 pound GAIN.  WHAT?!  No seriously, I was kind of expecting it.  Not because I did bad (well.. I did, with my choice of food and drink yesterday and lack of water and uhh.. no exercise, even if I was sick), but because I am bloated from yesterday and I started my period last night.  UGH!  Next week is it guys.  Not letting this get me down..

8 comments:

  1. Happy that you're not going to let it get you down! Just keep up the tracking this week and you will lose next week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The one week a month is really tricky, but when it's over sometimes there is a loss of 5 pounds that was hidden by bloat before. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ate well so keep that up and the scale will reward soon. It will bounce back. Keep focused and it will go well!

    Hope you do well without your daughter! That would be HARD! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh! Yep that stinks and yes, I have that to look forward to next week so I am sure you will see the same thing on my end. Don't let that get you down because you know you have been working it!! Keep up the good work and by the end of this week you will have lost and you will be feeling much better than I am sure you do today!! Nicole @colieskitchen.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can relate. This week is done. Just focus on this week and do your best/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Weight varies. SO, don't get discouraged.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree that I have a much easier time sticking to my diet and exercise when the man and kids are otherwise occupied or not here. *sigh*

    Here's to a better week for you! I hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Next week will be better! Keep your chin up and you're going to do great!

    ReplyDelete