It appears that I've been in the mood to BLOG a lot lately. I noticed that blogging is more exciting when things are going well, ha. Never fun to admit faults... look forward to sharing when I succeed!
Anyway.. one of my rules is that I cannot sit down to relax until I accomplish everything I need to do that day. This includes logging food, exercising, tidying up the house and preparing myself for the next day in the way of having my work-out clothes packed in my bag and my snacks/food prepared for the next day. I'm happy to say that I have accomplished this and it's only 7:45pm!! That's early for me, usually it's closer to 9.
Today has been a good day. My work-out had me sweating, which I just love. I have all my food prepared for tomorrow and am looking forward to my work of art that is now in my lunch bag. AND I ate a delicious dinner and succeeded in saying no to the special k cracker chips and yes to the broccoli with a slice of fat-free cheese to go with. While the cracker chips are low in calories, I am super glad I focused on my veggies instead. :)
So about half way through the day I realized I had only eaten 350 calories, that included breakfast and lunch. EEK! I would like to try to get most of my calories in the morning to energize me through the day and have something light for dinner, but I'm finding myself doing the opposite frequently. I fixed the lack of calories with a peanut butter sandwich, right before my work-out otherwise I would have FLOPPED. I love peanut butter and love to splurge on a tablespoon which gives me a boost of energy.
Tonight's dinner was delicious! We had originally planned on making Johnsville original brats but just one of those little suckers has 270 calories in it!! Instead, I had a 339 calorie meal which included the smart sausage (veggie) with onions and mustard on a 100% whole wheat bun. I also had half a tomato and delicious broccoli topped with cheese.
That leaves room for a smart one's dessert - cookies with ice cream. I'm glad I have some room left because I have had a sweet tooth today I've been avoiding. Which by the way, the chocolate chip cookie sunday is AMAZING. 170 calories and all!!
Total calories consumed today was 1133. I'm surprised, I usually end up around 1300. I felt completely satisfied all day! I don't make it a habit to eat less than 1200 calories, just the way the cookie crumbled today! What was your victory today?

Holy cow that looks delish!! Glad you had a great day...bring on tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteNice on the calories and nice on the sweating exercise!! Good for you. Keep it up!
ReplyDeleteYEAH!!! That was an excellent day with exercise and eats. You keep this up and you'll be at your goal in no time at all.
ReplyDeleteKeep up the great work my friend. Blessings!!