Tuesday, July 12, 2011

No more pity parties.

I need something.  When I am falling off track, I always go in search of something, anything.  Give me a reason to get motivated.  I've had quite a few of those this past month, and I need to find that thing.

I start to geek out on internet searches.  I've always been interested in body cleanse's, but I never found anything I was comfortable enough to try, that was healthy for me.  There is a lot of controversy on whether cleansing or fasting is good or bad - with a lot of feedback going either way, both convincing.  So what the hell, I'm going to try a body cleanse!  I picked Nature's Secret 5-Day Fast & Cleanse Kit.  I feel like this can be a fresh start to my eating healthy - and more naturally.  I will walk every day of my fast, but not do anything strenuous - without the calories, it just doesn't need to happen.  I will begin this next Monday, ending it on Friday and then slowly add raw foods back into my diet the following weekend, allowing myself to start tracking foods again on Monday.

I can't say if this is the right or wrong thing to do, healthy or not - I have a feeling a lot of it is strictly opinion.  I think after many hours of research, I can see how the benefits of detoxing your body can outweigh some of the risks, that shouldn't apply to me.  All the toxins and cravings will be removed, and I will get rid of this disgusting bloating feeling and can move on.  I will let ya'll know how it goes, as it goes.

This doesn't mean I get "free days" until then.  As of tomorrow, I am over my pity party of feeling fat and gross, and eating my feelings.. and I'm back on track.  This cleanse is not a way of procrastinating that, but helping jump start it and help rid my body of the cravings for processed foods.

Tomorrow I am excited to go swimming, I am getting off work early to enjoy the water.  Crossing my fingers that there is no rain.  Thursday I am going to ENJOY my spin class in the morning.  No more of this "I'm so tired" bullshit.  Get your ass out of bed, work-out and your tiredness will cure itself.  Friday I get to work out in the morning and enjoy the pool again!  I don't have to go to work until later, due to needing to work late.  This weekend lands us at my Mom's - where we get to enjoy the weekend and be lazy.  Matthew and I may go out on Saturday afternoon but not sure just yet.  Being free to make plans as we want is always nice.

Lots of deadlines at work, and our vacation coming up all too quickly has got me stressed.  Need to focus on them, stop putting it off and be successful and confident like I am.  Gonna do this!

P.S. Thank you self, for the above pep talk.. it helped!  Whew.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a plan. Not a bad plan at all. I'll be reading to see how it goes. I've looked into these things too but never found what I was looking for.
    Good luck. Enjoy your weekend. Keep us posted on how it goes next week.
    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete