Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Slimmer for Summer Challenge Update

Bleh.  I weighed in at 170 pounds and some ounces on Monday morning and have no idea why.  I didn't even write it down, or dare to care that the ounces were easily rounded up to the next whole number.  I turned away, and got really angry.  Embarrassed.  Shocked.  MAD!  I don't normally let it get to me like that, because historically I always have a week where I gain a couple of pounds, and then the following week I lose that and 2 more.  I just never want to see the 170 again, and that 166.9 felt amazing.

A 4 pound gain was not warranted when I exercised, watched what I ate and drank plenty of fluids.  I know I know.. but I don't care, I did not want to see that weight gain.

So what did I do?  I took a break yesterday and stopped counting and did not exercise.  I allowed myself to breath for a bit, which I needed.  My daughter and I made chocolate chip cookies last night - the good part of me should have had one, and enjoyed it.  The bad part of my had 4, and I don't even like freakin cookies.  LOL!

Oh well.  :(  Moving on.  I wasn't going to link, but I'm not giving up.. obviously, so I felt it necessary.  I had a healthy breakfast this morning, a yummy lunch and we're eating a wonderful dinner too.  I'm going to exercise after work, swim tomorrow and make it to the Y for a group fitness class on Thursday morning.  I will see good results next Monday.

4 comments:

  1. You are wise not to give up. We want you around! I know it is discouraging to gain. I did as well and did not feel like I deserved it but it is what it is. Let's put on our big girl panties and deal with it and move on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Moving on." Keep at it. It's like riding a bike: you just have to get back at it to enjoy the ride. Eyes forward, determined chin, ONWARD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep with the challenge. You can do it. It is hard, but you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Numbers on the scale are very important, but not necessarily everything and the only victory to be had. Keep your head up, keep working on your list of goals on that sidebar >>>>>>>>

    ReplyDelete