Friday, May 27, 2011

Food!

Today I went over my calorie count.  Mind you, I focus on 1200 calories which is a signifigant weight loss so when I do go over, I am not worried about gaining weight, just not losing as much.  So on days when I do go over, it's really not a big deal because I will make up for it on other days.

Anyway, I went over because I ate a stuffed slice of pizza that I have been staring at on the counter for a few hours.  It won.  It wasn't as tasty as I wanted it to be either, urgh!  Then I walked my happy butt up to the fitness room and did 30 minutes of elliptical.  Take that, pizza! 

We just did a late night grocery trip and I got all sorts of goodies to try over the next few days!  I will have to let you know how it goes.

I have tried a couple of things recently, one being kashi's frozen entree - specifically, the pesto pasta primavera.  It was delicious! 

I am a HUGE fan of pesto and it looks pretty on the box so why not?  Kashi gets two thumbs up for nutrional value.  I am always hesitant to try things without meat, and I don't know why.  Maybe because growing up, meat was a staple.  It was the largest portion and you ate meat with everything - breakfast, lunch and dinner.  I am in love with vegetables and am learning new ways to season them that make it just as exciting as a big hunk of meat, allowing the colorful veggies to be the big hit.  The less I eat meat, the more energy I have.  I know recently I enjoyed too much beef, and I felt sluggish and just plain nasty.  So anyway, try this!  It's really good.


Another thing I recently had was this nifty little Oscar Mayer flatbread sandwich - specifically the chicken and bacon ranch.  While it only has 330 calories, it also has 690mg of sodium.  Still, 23g of protein and 2g of fiber.  I did it COLD - I did not microwave it, which I think I enjoyed more than if I had made it a warm sandwich.  It's convenient, easy and okay tasting.  I would grab it if I were in a pinch versus something fast food.  I got it because it was on sale, I was hungry and I was also trying to avoid obvious bad choices.



Tomorrow I am headed to the gym in the morning to get some cardio in, weights and then a beginner's yoga class!  Really looking forward to my couple of hours spent at the gym in the morning.  Glad they have a beginner's yoga class because I don't think I have the nerve to go in the one that is advanced. 

Rest of my day tomorrow is focused on cleaning so I can enjoy Sunday and Monday with a mess free house!  Sunday I hope will be spent at the pool.. I got the quarter pound veggie burger's that I am dying to try on the grill!  Monday is a day spent at Mom's house.. enjoying some appetizers and her pool.  Yay for some sun! 

Have a great weekend ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment