Saturday, May 7, 2011
I joined a gym!
I did it! I marked another thing off my list - I am ready for a gym. Why the Y? It's not as intimidating as other gyms I've researched. They have a TON of really cool things also. I'm really looking for the group fitness classes which include Pilates, yoga, cycling, cardio dance, Zumba, step, kickboxing, water aerobics and so much more. I may take them up on the racquetball lessons, sounds interesting! They have mobilefit for the weightoom; it's a computer program that takes your information and gives you different routines each day you are there based on your current stats and your goals. I get to go in for an orientation next week for this, and they show me how all of the equipment works. I'm definetly doing their running club two times a week. They have an amazing locker room with a steam room and sauna. I'm just so excited! That's only touching on what they offer and have. A huge factor also was the price; it's only $30 a month and I can give a 30 day notice at any time. Seriously!
So I have my calendar all marked up for this week with what I'm going to do. Challenge? Being there at 6am, and being there daily. Perks? Once I get used to it, I can be at work by 8am with a belly full of good breakfast and a work-out behind me. I can leave at 5p and spend the afternoon with my family since I won't be working out afterwards. On my way to my 20 pound loss by July 31st! Let's do this. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

YAY!!! I just joined one recently too, although I've been working out on my own and at the office gym for months, I have to say that joining a gym full of other exercisers have definitely given me more motivation. Have fun! :)
ReplyDelete