Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Slimmer this Summer!

I really enjoy reading other blogs.  They inspire and give good ideas.  Well Debbie Does Dieting has presented a challenge - Slimmer this Summer and I am in! 


I completely agree with Debbie - 'to be successful you have to have a plan and a goal'.  I have been making my own weekly goals but I love the idea of being challenged by a virtual group challenge!  The specific challenge is for June 6th through August 28th.  So here goes...

1. This is my initial post stating what my goals are.  I don't think this challenge could have come at a better time.  I am on the last leg of my weight loss and need to really kick this up.  I am finding that going into summer, it is harder with the food thing because there is all the amazing cook-outs that people throw.  This will help motivate me to stay on the right track and pick the right amazing food to consume.  I want to be at 145 pounds!  This is my goal weight; I am currently 26 pounds away from this.  (I've lost 24 pounds total).  I plan on doing at least 2 group classes per week with 3 days of cardio and strength training through the Y.  I also have a vacation coming up for 10 days (to Asheville and then to Wisconsin) so my goal during this time is not to overendulge and focus on keeping active.  I will also continue to set my weekly goals and achieve those.  (By the way - I am doing great this week!)

2. I love MyFitnessPal and have tracked my food here for a while now.  I think this honestly is the one way I have been able to learn what I was putting in my body and how it effected me.  It's amazing what happens when you are accountable for what you put in your mouth!  I also love the challenge of finding food with more nutrients.  I don't have to track my water - I solved that with getting a Camelbak water bottle that I love.  I drink more than the recommended amount - probably by double.

3. I have been on track with counting my calories and my daily goal is 1200 but I find myself usually around 1400 to 1500 per day.  So I am going to commit to less then 10,000 per week.

4.  Exercise!  I have been consistent with my exercise and love the YMCA.  My challenge during this time is to try 3 different classes they offer and get out of my comfort zone.  I utilize my mobile fit for strength training at the Y and my goal is to get there 3 times a week to do this!

5. I weigh in every Thursday morning, so I will update the link Debbie provides with that information on Monday morning.

6. No quitters!

7. I will support other challengers.

Jump on the band wagon and join the challenge!

10 comments:

  1. Hi Kalien, I have joined Debbi's challenge too! Your goals look great! Hopefully we can all support each other in to a slimmer August!

    Love the blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank ya'll so much! I'm very excited for the challenge. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kalien (luv your name by the way!)
    Glad you joined the challenge, great goals! I am excited for the challenge also...Good luck on week one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the challenge. I agree with Jade Angel, lovely name.

    Let's rock the summer goals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi this is Nicole from Colie's Kitchen!! I am excited to see you are part of the Summer Slim down Challenge!! I am looking forward to seeing your progress and getting to know you. I am a new follower and would love to have you visit my blog www.colieskitchen.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great goals! I'm also doing the challenge. I'm a new fan and am looking forward to getting to know you and watching you meet all of your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I joined the challenge too! You have some great goals listed! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to see you are in this challenge, too. Your goals sound realistic. We will all support each other as we work hard to get healthier and fit. Best of luck to you. Michele at http://ruminationsasiuncoverthewomanwithin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're right, this challenge came just at the right time. It's an extra boost to what we've all been thinking about. Some - the total beginning of the weight loss or the middle of 10 years of weight loss. Glad it's at the tail end for you, you will be able to meet you goals. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete